We aim to equip students with the knowledge and skills to be successful global citizens. We want our students to appreciate the ever-evolving nature of Geography as an academic discipline.
- Provides students with new ways of thinking about the world using ‘big ideas’ such as Place, Space and Interconnection.
- Provides students with powerful ways of analysing, explaining and understanding the world.
- Gives students power over their own knowledge- students need to know about the discipline and how knowledge has been developed and tested.
- Enables students to follow and participate in debates in significant local, national and global issues.
- Takes students beyond their own experience. This knowledge of the world contributes strongly to students’ general knowledge.
Our intent is to equip students with the skills, aptitude and expertise to make sense of new material and be dynamic, sustainable geographers. To provide a learning journey for students to make sense of development, trade, urbanisation, physical land forms of the UK, plate tectonics and the living world.